Why is it important to have effective Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Monitoring?
Treatment access is giving a lifeline to someone who has been diagnosed with cancer. Watch this video and learn how importance of CML Monitoring changes patients' lives.
What is CML?
Affects immature myeloid cells in the bone marrow, impeding their normal differentiation into red blood cells, platelets, and some white blood cell types.1
of all leukemias in adults2
affects adults who are older than
CML patients survive more than 5 years after their initial diagnosis4
CML is linked to a genetic mutation - the Philadelphia Chromosome
Cases are either e13a2 or e14a25
rare BCR-ABL1 transcripts are occasionally observed5
Prevalence is predicted to double from 2010 – 20307
Estimated new CML cases in 20193
per 100,000 inhabitants6
Steady increase in CML patients is due to dramatic improvements in survival6
Estimated new CML cases per year1
Incidence rate in Africa8
Incidence rate in Latin America8
Incidence rate in Asia Pacific8
How to treat CML?
Current NCCN guidelines
The monitoring test should report on the International Scale (%IS) and be repeated four times a year.9
Sensitive and quantitative monitoring of BCR-ABL mRNA
in patients with CML
The Importance of Monitoring
There is a greater need for fast and sensitive molecular diagnostic testing to support timely treatment decisions10
of CML patients, if regularly monitored, can be eligible for treatment discontinuation10
of CML patients who stopped treatment relapse within 7 months of treatment cessation10
CML Monitoring Solution
provides a sensitive and quantitative
monitoring of BCR-ABL major breakpoint (p210) transcripts in patients with CML
* IVD. In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Device. May not be available in all countries
- Hoffmann, V., Baccarani, M., Hasford, J. et al. The EUTOS population-based registry: incidence and clinical characteristics of 2904 CML patients in 20 European Countries. Leukemia 29, 1336–1343 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1038/leu.2015.73
- Chronic myeloid leukemia: Topics. Cancer Network. (n.d.). Retrieved November 23, 2021, from https://www.cancernetwork.com/clinical/chronic-myeloid-leukemia
- Key Statistics for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. (2021). Retrieved 23 November 2021, from https://www.cancer.org/cancer/chronic-myeloid-leukemia/about/statistics.html
- Kantarjian H et al. Impact of treatment end point definitions on perceived differences in long-term outcome with tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy in chronic myeloid leukemia. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29(23):3173-8. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4874216/pdf/zlj3173.pdf
- Zagaria, A., Anelli, L., Coccaro, N., Tota, G., Casieri, P., Cellamare, A., Impera, L., Brunetti, C., Minervini, A., Minervini, C. F., Delia, M., Cumbo, C., Orsini, P., Specchia, G., & Albano, F. (2015). BCR-ABL1 e6a2 transcript in chronic myeloid leukemia: biological features and molecular monitoring by droplet digital PCR. Virchows Archiv : an international journal of pathology, 467(3), 357–363. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00428-015-1802-z
- Hoglund M et al. Epidemiology of chronic myeloid leukemia: an update. Ann Hematol. 2015 Apr;94(2):241-7. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25814090
- Xuelin H et al. Estimations of the increasing prevalence and plateau prevalence of chronic myeloid leukemia in the era of tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy. Amer Can Soc. 2012 Jun 15;118(12):3123-3127. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/cncr.26679
- Tadwalkar S. The global incidence and prevalence of chronic myeloid leukemia over the next ten years (2017-2027). 2017 Jul 01. Bangkok. Thailand. https://www.omicsonline.org/proceedings/the-global-incidence-and-prevalence-of-chronic-myeloid-leukemia-over-the-next-ten-years-20172027-71073.html
- NCCN. Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. Accessed Nov 23 2021. http://research.fhcrc.org/content/dam/stripe/lymphoma-tumor-board/publications/NCCN%20Guidelines%20-%20CML.pdf
- Goldberg S et al. Considerations for Successful Treatment-free Remission in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. Clin Lymph, Myel & Leuk. 2017; 18(2):98-105. https://www.clinical-lymphoma-myeloma-leukemia.com/article/S2152-2650(17)30991-6/fulltext.